The fresh fruit juices and shakes of SE Asia are so refreshing and so very tasty.
I happened upon a stall in Vietnam that was making a coconut shake (ordered by Jenny) and learned how to recreate the deliciousness.
1 young coconut (important for it to be a young coconut versus a brown older coconut - the meat isn't as soft)
1. Create opening to drain the coconut water into cup to be used later
2. Place 2 cups ice into a blender
3. Place 1 cup coconut water into blender
4. Open the coconut (use a sharp knife or wrap the coconut in a bag and hit with a weight)
5. Scrap the coconut meat into the blender
6. Add 3-4 tablespoons of condensed milk
7. Add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
ENJOY!! (for a kick, add some rum)