Monday, October 24, 2011

Pirate Weekend

There is this thing called Buccaneer Days! 

It happens once a year, the first weekend of every October at Two Harbors on Catalina Island in California. 

I highly recommend it. 

There are a couple of rules.

1. Dress like a pirate!



2. Talk like a pirate. ARRGGHHH!


3. Act like a pirate!

He's acting like a pirate!


I arrived on a Friday.  I took the Catalina Express but next year I will sail.  There was a live band this year.  There is a DJ. The weirdest thing every is to see pirates moshing.  There is Grog! There was a special Catalina drink called Buffalo Milk.  This year I camped at the elementary school with Johanna, Mike, Nick and John.  Friday night is a party and Saturday day and Saturday night is an even bigger party.  Sunday morning is a recovery morning/day.  I left on the 4pm ferry back to Long Beach but next year, I'd take the 2pm ferry.  

Let me tell you!! Pirates can boogie! Make bad pirate jokes and drink. ARGHH!





No comments:

Post a Comment