Saturday, August 20, 2011

PB&J Thumbprint Cookies!

It's a lovely Saturday! I've tried to do a number of things off my To-Do list.

I really wanted to use the raspberry jelly that a co-worker made. Thumbprint cookies came to mind and then I remembered my cookie book.  I had this thumbprint cookie tagged...probably because of the peanut butter!   Plus, my mama likes peanut butter.

This is the original recipe.  I substituted 1/2 cup of butter. 



I used the measuring cups and measuring spoons that my mom bought at RISD. 


The brown sugar looks awesome. 

I mixed the 1.25 cups firmly packed brown sugar, .75 cups peanut butter, .5 cups butter, 3 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon vanilla in a large bowl.  I left the butter out so it was room temperature.  I decided to mix it with a fork since I didn't want to take out the mixer. 

Mix in 1 egg.

In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients: 1.75 cups flour, .75 teaspoons baking soda, .75 teaspoonssalt.

Mix all together.  Put the mixture into the fridge for at least 30 minutes. In the mean time, set the oven to 375F.  Put sugar into a bowl (used for rolling the dough in).  I used large sugar crystals usually used for decorating.  They look terrific.


Roll the dough into balls and then roll the balls into sugar. 

Place into the oven for 6-8 minutes. Take out and push teaspoon sized imprints into the cookie.  Place the cookies back into the oven for another 3-4 minutes.  Take the cookies out and let cool.  You might need to press the cookies again.  

Let the cookies cool completely.  Place jelly into the imprint.  ENJOY! 




No comments:

Post a Comment