Monday, May 31, 2010

Blueberry Corn Muffin - Delicious!

I saw blueberry corn muffins the other day on Kitchen Addiction.

I've been craving sweets and hankering to make something. I also need to think about recipes for my defense next Monday! ONE WEEK!!

I decided to modify the recipe and take out some flour. I've been very flour conscious with my recipes lately and prefer to minimize the gluten. In my head, it is also healthier. I also did this instead of going on a run or going to hot yoga. It just wasn't in the cards for me today. I do need to pick a race so that I can have something to train for.



I love almonds!


Recipe:

3/4 cup corn meal
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup cake flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
dash of salt
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup shredded coconut

(mix all dry together)

1 egg
1/4 canola oil
2/3 cup vanilla hemp milk
3/4 cup plain greek yogurt

(mix all wet ingredients)

(mix wet ingredient into dry ingredients)

1 cup chopped almonds
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries

(mix into wet/dry mixture)

Spray cupcake pan
Fill
Bake for 20-25 minutes in 400F oven

Finished (delicious) Project!

This was absolutely awesome with some butter. I had two. I couldn't help myself. It was great and not too sweet. It tasted like corn bread. I heart corn bread!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment