Wednesday, June 2, 2010

EXERCISE OF THE DAY June 2, 2010


Hmmm, those of you that know me know that I LOVE exercise and I LOVE competition.

Lately, I haven't been doing as much due to shoulder surgery and my Master's defense ju
st around the corner, but I do lose those days that I get in something. I want to start doing an exercise of the day and maybe that will motivate me even more, or you, who ever you may be! If you want to share an exercise then please do. I love new and challenge moves.

I love all kinds of exercises- gymnastics, Olympic lifting, crossfit, running, etc. I think Crossfit has some of the right ideas but I'm not in total agreement, since, it's seems to have a crazy emphasis on the upper body. I'm not always a fan because I look at weights and I gain muscle. Some may say it's a blessing but not always, especially when I gain too much muscle (thank you rowing).

Workout of the day:

800m warm up run
leg swings- front back, side to side (loosen up those muscles and hips)
high knees
butt kickers
grapevine
lateral shuffle

main:

8x 200m sprint, 200m jog

4 rounds
20seconds on, 10 seconds off
as many as possible
push ups
dips

800 m jog warm down

stretch, talk, be merry!

I still need to do my physical therapy. I don't have any pictures of me exercising, perhaps next time I'll take a picture or two. I'll leave you with a beautiful picture of Snoqualmie Falls in Washington State. There is a nice hike down and a even better hike back up. I'd totally do hill repeats there...haha yea, I am probably the only person to think that instead of spending all my time admiring the waterfall...but, hey, that's me.


No comments:

Post a Comment